Friday, January 18, 2008

The 'cool factor' of barcode recycling...



By recommendation of a close friend who raved about how I must, must have a Nahui Ollin bag, I ordered a "Moonlight Barcodes Candy Wrapper Clutch" from Save the World Designs. I must admit, I was skeptical at first...a bag made out of candy wrappers? I just don't know. And, what did you say the name of these bags were? Nah-wa-what? After a quick google search I learned that Nahau Ollin is pronounced (Now-we-oh-lean). Okay, I was intrigued....

I also learned that every one of these candy wrapper purses is made from factory rejected candy bar wrappers that have never been used and would have otherwise ended up in landfill poluting the earth even more. Each bag uses up to 4,000 candywrappers and some take up to FOUR DAYS to make. What a fab way of recycling!!

After sifting through several photos of the different candy wrapper bags, I settled on the idea of the nifty looking barcode wristlet. I am forever darting out the door with my coach wristlet dangling from my left arm, so it was a sensible choice. Did I mention, I have also had a tiny obsession with barcodes since childhood? Maybe it was due to my infatuation with playing "store".

So just a few hours after my friend shared this interesting tidbit with me about these fascinating candy wrapper purses, I took the plunge and ordered one from Savetheworlddesigns.com. Boy am I glad I did! I'm not sure if I should rave more about the bag by Nahui Ollin, or the personalized service from Karen at Save the World Designs. Both are amazing. Only two days after clicking the 'send my order button' I came home to find a package sitting on my doorstep.


Being a self-proclaimed purse-a-holic, with a closet full of designer bags from floor to ceiling, I was truly amazed at what was inside this package. The craftsmanship is superb...the design is genious and this thing puts my dinky coach wristlet to shame. As excited as I was, I couldn't wait to email the company and tell them how pleased I was. As a small business owner myself, I know first hand how much I appreciate every email compliment from my customers!

Well, to ice the cake, I got a quick, personable reply from Karen. What a nice gal! If any of you are as intrigued as I was about these hot new eco-friendly candy wrapper purses, definitely head over to Save the World Designs, they have a great selection, awesome service and their prices were lower than many of the other sites selling the same exact products!

Now excuse me while I go save the world, one candy wrapper purse at a time!

No comments: